If you own a business in New York State, there are five common legal issues you could easily run into if you’re unaware of certain state and federal laws.
Today, Larry Heller speaks with Lee Schwartz, the managing and founding partner of Schwartz Ettenger, PLLC, a business law firm located in Melville, New York. Together, they unpack the five most common legal issues that New York State business owners face: employee-related issues, owner-to-owner issues, real-estate issues, not having proper agreements in place, and the protection of intellectual property.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The disadvantages of having independent contractors instead of employees
- Whether business owners are legally required to pay interns
- What responsibilities are set out in shareholder agreements and operating agreements
- A cautionary tale about what can go wrong if you don’t have a buy-sell agreement
- The number one question that most business owners can’t answer about their lease
- And more!
Tune in now to learn the five common legal issues business owners face so that you can avoid them!