Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
When today’s guest witnessed her 5-year-old daughter squeal with delight by inserting a quarter into a vending machine, she knew she had to instill proper financial habits, and fast.
Did you know that by the age of seven, most children have built their foundation for how they view, and spend money? To help ward off life-long implications from poor spending decisions, Karen Tenenbaum, Esq, CPA, co-founder of Commerce Plaza Inc., and Walter the Vault, made it her mission to bring financial literacy to the schools of New York.
Join Larry Heller, CFP® as he chats with Karen about her efforts in providing financial literacy education to children through working with school districts, obtaining grants, and giving life to a character that uses rhyme to teach money skills.
Listen as Karen discusses:
- Why learning about money at a young age is essential to building life-long skills
- How she’s helped 75,000 children take part in a 6-week financial literacy curriculum
- Why Walter the Vault was created and how he makes learning fun and interactive
- And more!
- Walter the Vault website
- Facebook: Walter the Vault
- YouTube: Walter the Vault
- YES Community Counseling Center: Commerce Plaza Inc.
- Money as You Grow: Help for parents and caregivers
- LinkedIn: Kelly Kirk-Xu
- Outschool: Personal Finance Classes for Kids
- Life Unlimited: What You Must Know About Changing Your State Residence with Karen J. Tenenbaum (Ep. 45)
Connect with Karen Tenenbaum:
Connect with Larry Heller:
- (631) 248-3600
- Schedule a 20-Minute Call
- Heller Wealth Management
- LinkedIn: Larry Heller, CFP®, CPA
- YouTube: Life Unlimited with Larry Heller, CFP®
About Our Guest:
Karen Tenenbaum, Esq, LL.M., CPA, has been an attorney for over 35 years and founded her firm, Tenenbaum Law, P.C. which helps individuals and businesses facing IRS and New York State tax problems. Karen is a frequent speaker on IRS and NYS Tax issues for numerous professional groups and serves as a committee member and chairwoman of several local organizations. Karen is the co-creator of Walter the Vault and co-founder of Commerce Plaza, Inc. both of which promote financial literacy.